27 April 2011
I can’t lie, this season of The Ultimate Fighter has been pretty “meh” so far. However, it appears that things are finally picking up in terms of reality television drama so I’m holding on to hope that the season will redeem itself.
Now, some random observations from tonight’s episode.
- There is growing dissention in Team Lesnar and Len Bentley and Brock Lesnar as the two seem to be butting heads. Funny thing is that Lesnar wasn’t coming down that hard on them. Hell, there are thousands of fighters who would kill to get the tutelage of the former UFC champion. I just font’ get it.
- Speaking of dissention, the continued exasperation of Junior Dos Santos and his wrestling coach Lew Polley is hilarious. I think Polley means well, but this Team Dos Santos and he should recognize that he is brought there to make the guys wrestling better and not audition as the next great MMA coach.
- The paranoia of Team Lesnar is great. How they figure that teammate Chris Cope is somehow working to sabotage their team I will not know. Granted, we don’t know what was left on the editing room floor, but it’s just an amusing subplot. Needless to say, Team Lesnar is a freaking mess. Best part is Team Dos Santos’ Mick Bowman is the guy that actually wrote the message “Chris Cope, Double Agent” that sparked the whole heated argument.
- Clay Harvison’s tattoo with ink mixed with the ashes of his deceased brother is a pretty bad ass thing to do.
- Speaking of Harvison, it’s hard to assess just how good of a fighter he really is in his fight with Mick Bowman. Granted, he looked like he went all “beast mode” on the British striker, but damn if Bowman didn’t look terrified to be in the cage. There is the proverbial “dear in the headlights” look, and then there is the “Mick Bowman in the cage” look. Needless to say, Harvison advances on the show.
- Unfortunately, for Harvison the win was bittersweet as he suffered a compound fracture to his pinky finger which had the bone sticking through the skin. Yeah, it was freaking nasty and the injury looks like it will sideline from competing in the show.
|< Prev||Next >|